Project specialist: Water
Phil joined Expense Reduction Analysts in 2010 to take the lead in forensic examination of clients water & wastewater costs.
Phil helps businesses save money; by undertaking an independent forensic audit of their water & wastewater costs, utilising over 30-years industry experience as an Engineer and Operations Manager with United Utilities and North West Water. He delivers very significant savings (both historic rebates and future budget), that come from the validation of invoice charges, through to management of supplies and water efficiency measures. His mission is to provide “Clear solutions to water & wastewater problems”.
- Factory: Site charged for wastewater, yet treating its own effluent, 85% refund over 20 years – £54k rebate and ongoing annual saving
- Service Industry: Site charged for ‘fire water’ – £31k rebate
- Manufacturer: Site charged for surface water but not receiving the service – £35k refund and ongoing annual saving
- Hotel group: Site charged 3-times for the same services – £50k rebate ongoing annual saving
- Transport Co: Site charged for a wastewater service which was not provided and 3rd party stealing water – £15k rebate ongoing annual saving
- School: Site charged for wastewater by the wrong water company – £37k rebate and ongoing annual saving
- Public Sector: Erroneous charging – £500k saving in rebate and annual saving
- Sports Venue: (although another water consultant was active) we found Tariff, Non-Return to Sewer and 3rd Party connection savings
- Business: Work instigated by a legionella outbreak, resulted in reducing potential back-charges by £100k