Project Specialist: Staffing
Forecasting and planning is key – this is where huge savings and improved efficiencies can be made. Tim has over 25 years’ experience at senior director level within the recruitment industry working for large international corporations across the UK and Australia, as well as running his own Recruitment Consultancy.
He has been an Affiliated Member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers since 1996 and more recently become a GDPR Practitioner and qualified Data Protection Officer.
He has focused mainly within engineering, construction, manufacturing and IT supplying temporary, permanent and contract staff nationally and internationally.
With a successful background in recruitment and the associated costs involved in engaging with agencies I am able to identify where considerable savings can be made, and business efficiencies improved. This can be done through a variety of ways and means, such as:
- Streamlining payroll processes, including implementing on-line time sheet management
- Consolidating agency agreements and negotiating standardised rates throughout
- Monitoring Agency performance through introducing SLAs
- Forensically analysing Agency Contracts looking for hidden clauses and charges
- Unpicking charges for temporary staff to fully understand how these charges are calculated
- Introduce rates guides that are adhered to, making it easier to control budgets
- Implement an RPO or Managed Agency solution
- Advise and assist with managing the tender process
- Advise on payroll solutions including developing specific payroll software
Through my strong understanding of Employment legislations, I can also advise organisations on crucial matters, such as IR35, Working Time Regulations, False Self Employment and SDC directives, making sure your agencies are fully compliant.
From my 20 years working closely with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation I know what an Agency contract should look like, so I am able to interpret and forensically analyse Terms and Conditions. Looking for any hidden costs, such as; rebates linked to payment terms, cancellation charges, rescinded offer claw backs, temporary to permanent clauses.