Reduce your distribution costs
This category is considered a strategic direct cost for clients and covers parcels, pallets and full load freight deliveries to UK customers, worldwide parcel deliveries and postage.
Importantly, this category also includes clients that operate their own delivery fleet. Our experts work to uncover opportunities for re-assessment of strategy, process improvement along with cost and rate reduction to create savings.
A little more information
Experts can focus on various aspects of distribution cost and work closely with the client to identify areas to add value and agree strategies.
Own fleet is a specialist area that demands expert attention. Opportunities are limited and revolve around the purchase of fuel and tyres.
Opportunities within the pallet and freight cost areas are generally associated with improvements in service, transit times, and rate negotiation.
ERA has extensive expertise and success within the parcel category supported by high quality industry experience. By truly understanding the client’s needs and aspirations, ERA adopt best practise to improve rating, service and technology solutions for clients operating competitively in both B2B and B2C markets.
Postage is another cost area in which ERA has extensive experience and success.
Cost areas include:
• DX (Document Exchange)
• UK Freight
• Mail (International)
• Mail (UK)
• Pallet Networks
• Parcel Distribution (International)
• Parcel Distribution (UK)
• Post & Mailing Services
The first stage of any Distribution review is to gain a detailed understanding of the current arrangements. This is typically achieved through a combination of invoice analysis, stakeholder interviews and site visits and will enable us to fully understand the current service requirements and the associated costs.
Our Specialists will then:
• Analyse the invoice data to prepare the full traffic profile and compare actual charges to current tariffs.
• Prepare the Situation report which will detail the benchmarks in terms of service requirements and actual costs.
• Assess Service requirements with the wider market to identify the best alternative supplier opportunities.
• Conduct the tender process, typically through senior contacts within the market, unlocking best price opportunities.
• Prepare and present the Recommendations report detailing results of the tender process.
Once the client has a complete and objective view of their options, we work with them to trial and implement their preferred solution. ERA deliver sustainable cost reductions and they are audited and maintained for the long term.