Client relationship manager, Project specialist: IT, Photocopiers
Michael has been an ERA Associate since 2009 and has 30+ years in the delivery of IT solutions and services to meet business needs. He has an MBA, is a trained ITIL Service Manager, PRINCE2 Practitioner and is an ISO 9000 Lead Auditor.
Michael’s business experience includes the following;
- Managing Director in Sanderson Group Plc, a leading provider of Enterprise and Departmental IT solutions and services to both private and public sectors in the UK and Ireland.
- IT & BPE (Business Process Evolution) Director for Cemex Ireland (Readymix Plc), one of the largest corporate technology users in the world.
- Consultant in Project Management, Quality Management and Software Engineering with MDIS (now Northgate Plc)
Michael’s IT Solutions and Services business can help your business with tactical cost reduction projects or wholesale, strategic IT change.
Whether you are trying to optimise current IT Operations or create a new IT world (new people, processes and/or systems) then Michael can help. Perhaps this is as a result of an expansion, contraction or merger that requires confidentiality, we are used to that.
Michael can provide the senior business and technical expertise you need, expertise that is backed up by decades of experience in delivering best practice in IT solutions for businesses and profound IT enabled business change.
- Deliver an IT Organisational Health Checks (IT Governance, IT Solutions & Infrastructures)
- Define IT Strategy and policy that is right for your business.
- Help you manage the delivery of that Strategy and business change.
- Select and implement new Enterprise Wide or Departmental IT Solutions.
- Assess and/or replace current IT infrastructures (Hosting platforms, networks, peripherals)
- Assess, insource/outsource IT software development.
- Assess, insource/outsource IT Delivery and Support Services.
- Assess the Business Risk from your current IT.
Here are some comments from ERA customers about projects Michael as delivered for them:
“Given how IT now underpins almost all functions I believe that the type of independent Health Check provided by ERA is an essential part of good Governance for a Further Education College.”
– Gill Worgan, Principal and Chief Executive, West Herts FEC.
“By calling in ERA we ensured best practice in IT procurement was applied and saved an extra 17.5% on the refresh of a substantial part of our IT Infrastructure.”
– Andy Lowden, Director of Finance and Administration, Robert Gordon’s College.
“Our senior team were particularly impressed with how quickly Michael understood what we were needing to do as a business and then translate that into clear IT strategies whilst avoiding confusing IT jargon.”
– Anthony Gee, Chief Operating Officer, Stanley Gibbons Plc.
“The financial results were also very exceptionally good, not only had Michael delivered a result that would see us increase the resilience and availability of our systems, improving service levels but one that would save us 29% on our budget for these services.”
– Sharon Edwards, Finance Director, PSS Limited.
“The ERA Strategic Audit provided us with invaluable insights into the gaps we had in respect of IT Governance, the IT related business risks we had been unknowingly been running. It also highlighted the opportunities we had to tighten control, leverage technology better and achieve the maximum business benefit from our investment in IT Solutions and Services.”
– Commercial Manger, Morris Group.
“Michael provided an invaluable independent service between our business and IT suppliers, helping us fully define the business need and make sure we procured an effective new IT infrastructure whilst reducing business risk and saving over 40% in the process.”
– Peter Nesbitt, Director, Fimak Group.
“Michael’s guidance and expertise was critical to the successful overhaul of all our printing, scanning and document production facilities and processes. With their help we now have a Managed Print infrastructure and an outsourced on-site Print Room service that delivers exactly what our business needs and which is exceptional value for money.”
– Mike Smith, Finance Director, Eversheds Ireland.
“Michael’s expertise was essential in the process of identifying and selecting the right software development partner and securing best value.”
– Peter Loverdos, Operations Director, Romans Group.